Sunday, March 1, 2009

An eventfull saturday it was

I woke up this morning with a mission...to update my blog. Bathed my little baby, fed her, prepared lunch, took a shower and here I am.

A lot has happened yesterday. Early in the morning I attended Kyle Harris's Hari Kecemerlangan at his school. He was being awarded for finishing 3rd in his final exams last year. A proud achievement indeed, considering the number of students in his class and in his school. There are more than 2,000 students in his school, with 97 teachers (1:21 ratio, not so bad). 27 classes in the morning session and 27 in the afternoon session. In standard 3 alone, there are 8 classes, and in each class there are an average of 40 students. Kyle Harris is in the second best class this year.

Bravo my son. Keep it up!


Here he is waiting patiently for his turn to go up on stage.

Kyle Harris (he is known as Kyle amongst his friends and teachers. At home, we call him Harris) getting his trophy from I don't know who. Mommy wasn't paying much attention to the emcee, sorry dear...

.
With his best buddy, Zikri.
Zikri is top in the class. I'm glad that he chose his friends well, if you know what I mean... I'm sure a lot of mothers out there prefer their kids to be amongst smart peers than otherwise.
In the evening, off we went to 1Utama - our favorite place, for a shopping expedition. Got myself a nike t-shirt and then started looking for my daughter's dress. We visited 6 boutiques before my daughter and I agreed on the one we both like - first was Osh Kosh then Pumpkin Patch, GAP, Zara, Guess and back to Osh Kosh. I realised that it's not Summer yet, hence, there were not many dresses available. Got a good deal at Osh Kosh as the dress was on 30% sale. I also bought her a matching bolero from GAP. Mission accomplished! Wanted to buy more, but being a GOOD wife, I decided to settle with only one dress for Ariana and not to buy any for Sophie.
We went shopping some more after that, books and food. I needed that to relief some tensions. Retail theraphy works everytime...

1 comment: