Monday, March 9, 2009

My blogger son

How many mothers my age can proudly say that their kid is a blogger? Not many I presume, or probably none. I am superbly proud to be, hopefully, the first 36-yrs old mom to have a blogger son.

Yeah, my 13+ son is now officially a blogger! He is my no. 1 fan. The first thing he does everyday after school is to read my blog. So whenever I can I make it a point to post a new article everyday before he come home from school.

The joy of reading my blog has inspired him to write his own. His first entry was about his crush on his classmate during his primary school years - a girl named Farah Iman. May I ask how many mothers are ready for this - the first crush that is? I think none of us do!! My baby is growing into a young man. And I'm so not ready for that yet. I fear for the day that he'll fallen in love and I'll become less relevant in his live. Isn't that the case for most men?

Daniel will always be my baby. When he scored 5As in his UPSR, I adamantly said that there was no way I'm sending him away to a boarding school, much to my in-laws' dismay. I don't want him to spend his teenage years apart from me. I want to see him growing up in front of my eyes and right at home. I don't want to miss any part of his life for as long as I could. I want to be there for him when he has his first crush, when he reach puberty, have his first pimple...

As a mother, I believe teenage years is so crucial for parents and their children to bond - the bond that will define our relationship forever. If you failed during this period, their peers will become more relevant to them than you as a parent and your family as a unit. And if that ever happened, we better pray hard that they have really good peers.

So my friends, I've reached another milestone in live where my first son is a blogger. I wonder what comes next.... God help me, I'm not ready for whatever it may be...

No comments:

Post a Comment