Thursday, March 12, 2009

The quest for flawless complexion

I wanted to write this article yesterday, but I didn't have time to do it. So, while waiting for the beef to defrost in the kitchen sink, I'm taking what little time I have to write this article. And by the way, I cooked nasi lemak earlier today. Hubby came back from India early this morning and asked for home cook nasi lemak for breakfast. Isteri mithali...

Back to my topic. When I look at other women's faces, I noticed how flawless their skin are. I look at them with envy. As far as I can remember, I never once had flawless complexion after I reached puberty. I blame it on the gene. None of my family members have flawless skin.

Of late, my skin has become worst. I have pigmentation on my cheeks and forehead - the worst of its kind. It started when I was 3 months pregger with Sophie. It become more obvious after my trip to Redang Island in March last year. The sunburn made the pigmentation worst (despite a thick layer of sun block that I applied on my face). At the beginning, I thought that after the pregnancy, it'll fade away like other dark lines we normally have on our body during pregnancy. But months later, it seems to stay.

So, I needed to take some drastic action. Being a Clinique fan for ages, I tried their brightening range. It's been months and still no improvement. So, I decided to change my skincare range. This time I wanted to try something local. I went for AG2000, a product by Healwell Pharmaceutical, the people who brought us Gamogen - a gamat-based product. Don't be deceived by the word local, though they are local, their products are not exactly cheap. For a set of 3 products - cleanser, day cream and night cream, it cost me RM398. Not bad hah!

I've been using it for almost a week now and walla...I could already see some result. The pigmentation seems to be fading away, unbelievable but true.

By the way, when I was in confinement after delivering Sophie via c-section. I consumed Gamogen. I can't help but to feel that it helped me heal faster. I took it with combination of pati haruan (forgot the brand though). After 2 weeks of surgery I could already cook, clean, wash clothes, iron, etc. while taking care of my baby and 3 other kids on my own. I wrote an article earlier on my experience during confinement - no maid, no help.

So my friends, if you have a problem like me, you may want to try this product. I'd like to recommend it. I'll keep you updated on the progress of my complexion from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment