Thursday, March 5, 2009

For the love of writing...

My husband asked me last night, do I really have a lot of ideas to write in my blog. I told him, yes indeed. In fact, I have to pick and choose what to write coz I have so many things to say with so little time to write.

My mom loves to cook. She would jump on any chance of planning for a kenduri. In fact, she is busy planning one for my niece's wedding on 14/3. My dad once said, my mom just loves it when people enjoy her feast. I agree with abah on this. And my mom is one hell of a good cook. Much like my mom, I enjoy people reading my writing. I love it the most when my sons give me feedback on my articles. My husband...well, he only likes to see pictures.

My passion for writing started when I was in Form 4. I was in Science stream then, but my essays always came up top and often posted by my BM teacher, Cikgu Ismail, on the notice board for others to read. I was the only Science stream student ever participated in writing competition in my school. I came up 2nd and 3rd in general poem and patriotic poem competition in school, respectively. I used to express myself in poem. I remember one day, I was slapped very hard by my brother for the silliest mistake. I was so upset I wrote a poem. I used to keep a journal of poems. I wish I still have the book, it'd be my most prized possession if I still do.

My ultimate dream is to write a book. But so far it remains a DREAM. Dreaming is good though, someone once said that all great achievements begin with a dream. I like this. So I will keep dreaming about writing that book...

No comments:

Post a Comment