Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh happy day...

I woke up this morning feeling ecstatic. Hubby is coming home today and he said he bought me a small gift that I will like. Hmmm I wonder what it is... Why am I so excited? Well, in his many overseas business trips, he seldom bought me stuff, save for some silk lingeries that he found in China and Korea a few years ago. Other than that, zilch. But he never forget the kids. My kids actually look forward to his trips because they'll surely get something when he's back. At one point, he was travelling beyond the Malaysian borders every week - no joke, different country every week, and every week the kids will get something. Mostly toys and chocolate bought at KLIA after he touched down. I say the global economic slow down has a good side of it - my husband is now travelling a lot less, from every week to twice a month, alhamdulillah.

There is actually another thing that makes me superbly happy today. I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 48.2! I couldn't believe my eyes at first, so I stepped down, adjusted the scale and stepped on it again. It read 48.2 again, still not satisfied, stepped down and stepped up again. It read the same. Then it hits me, I almost lost all the weight I've gained during my last pregnancy....yahoo yippeededooo. What did I do? Nothing physical. I just cut my rice intake, eat 5 meals a day and brestfeed my daughter. I works everytime.

Can I brag some more...? Yes, I can. Everytime I delivered a baby, I gave myself 6 months to get back into shape. I believe in setting a target - to succeed in anything, you must set a target. Without it, you lack direction and motivation. With another month to go, I'm almost there baby! Hmmm, may be I could write a book on this one - "how to lose weight without exercising." Now that's what I call an idea!

I hope my happy vibes would continue for the rest of the day...insya-Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment